Coffee Love and Coffee Crafts
My favourite drink has to be coffee; I start and finish my day with a cup of coffee with several in between. I regularly catch up with friends over coffee and have at least 5 loyalty cards for local coffee shops. There’s even a coffee kiosk on my daily dog walking route and as they give out free dog biscuits with every coffee, Toby insists I stop for one.
My first blog post was actually a tutorial for a coffee pot cosy, embroidered with the apt Gretchen Peters Lyircs “The secret to life is a good cup of coffee”. As it’s been a while since my last round up post (which was Apple themed), I thought I’d do another one but give Coffee a try for the theme. So here are my 12 favourite coffee crafts.
Favourite Coffee Crafts
1. The first of my coffee crafts has to be that embroidered coffee pot cosy – which includes free pdf pattern.
2. DIY Burlap Coffee Bag Ottamon – A Piece of Rainbow
A great step by step tutorial to make this lovely Ottoman decorated with coloured tassells.
3. Crochet Coffee Sleeve – Chaos and Love
A free crochet pattern to make this cute coffee cup sleeve – would make a great present.
4. DIY Coffee Bean Soap – Living well Spending less
Apparently this soap smells great and is a good exfoliant – another great homemade present idea
5. Reclaimed Wood Old Coffee Sign Station – Funky Junk Interiors
A great tutorial from my favourite upcycling/junk blog. This station would be a great addition to any coffee addicts kitchen.
6. Embroidery Stitched Coffee Hoop Art – Flamingo Toes
From another one of my favourite blogs, a sweet piece of Coffee stitching.
7. Peppermint Coffee Sugar Scrub – A Pumpkin and A Princess
Not only is coffee great to drink but apparently it’s great to put on your skin.
8. DIY Watercolour Coffee Mug – Cut DIY Projects
Transform some plain coffee mugs into something lovely using nail polish following this video tutorial.
9. Crochet Coffee Coasters – Repeat Crafter Me
Colourful crochet coffee coasters, simple to make even for a beginner.
10. Coffee Chalk Paint Tray – Craftywife
How about a stylish tray to serve your coffee.
11. Coffee Sack Pillow -Sew Caroline
You can make loads of things out of coffee sacks but I particularly like these pillows as I like the contrast between the rough rustic coffee sack and the pretty fabric.
12. Coffee Stools – Remodel and Ola Casa
How about some coffee themed stools for your kitchen, full tutorial with free downloadable graphics. Don’t fancy a stool? Then use the free graphics to make a great coffee sign.
Hope you liked my round up of coffee crafts, I’m not sure which to pick as my favourite. What I do know is that I’ll carry on drinking my coffee, and may even wash in it now, either with the soap or the scrub.