Why Pineapple crafts? To me, the pineapple is the king of fruit. Mangoes and passion fruit may be slightly tastier but they just don’t look as good.
I hate to admit it, but I’m easily seduced by great-looking packaging. As far as fruit go, the pineapple wins hands down in the looks department.
Did you know that in some cultures the Pineapple is a welcome symbol? I don’t know why but every time I see a pineapple, it makes me smile.
This combined with their funky looks makes pineapples a simple way to bring a bit of fun into your home decor. They also taste great.
If you are looking for some wonderful vintage pineapple drawings you will find a collection of free ones here.
Fun Pineapple Facts
- Did you know that pineapples can regenerate? That is you can grow a new pineapple plant by just planting the leaves. If you slice off the top of a pineapple and plant in the soil it will grow.
- However, only one pineapple can be grown by one pineapple plant in a season.
- The life span of a Pineapple plant is about 50years. So one pineapple plant will only grow about 50 pineapples in its lifetime.
- As well as being a welcome sign a pineapple also means “You are perfect” when presented to someone.
- Pineapples have really pretty flowers. The plant’s flowers vary from lavender to bright red and they produce berries that actually coalesce together around the fruit’s core. Pineapples are really giant berries.
- They were called pineapples by Europeans due to their resemblance to pinecones.
Unique Pineapple Crafts And DIY Ideas You’ll Love
These are some of the best fun and cool pineapple crafts on the internet.
From pineapple console tables, pineapple lights, and just some unique pineapple decor, there is bound to be something in this collection to catch your imagination.