Easy 10 minute Christmas Pudding Wood Slice Ornament
I’ve used wood slices in a couple of my Christmas crafts this year. They formed the base for both my lovely felt Christmas trees and my cute dinosaur Christmas cloche. This time I decided to make a wood slice ornament.
Because of their round fat shape, I thought a wood slice would make a perfect Christmas pudding ornament.
After the Turkey, I think the Christmas pudding is the second most famous element of a typical British Christmas dinner.
I wasn’t a huge fan of the Christmas pudding as a child and only ate it in the hope I would find one of the coins my mother hid in it. However, as I’ve got older I’ve learned to appreciate the Christmas pudding as long as it’s served with lashings of brandy butter.
I’m not sure where else in the world they eat Christmas pudding. Is it part of your Christmas meal?
This post contains Amazon affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to see my disclosure policy.
What you need to make a wood slice ornament
- Wood slice – If you can’t make your own you can buy them online.
- Small pieces of white/cream and green felt
- Small red beads
- Dark wood wax or brown paint
- Craft glue
- Needle and thread (optional)
How to Make a Christmas Pudding wood slice ornament
- Firstly colour the wood slice a dark brown. I used some dark furniture wax I already had as you can still see the rings in the wood after staining. You can of course just use some brown paint.
- Next drill a hole in the top of the wood slice as close to the edge as possible so that you have somewhere to hang it from.
- Using the cream/white felt cut out a piece to fit the top of the wood slice so it looks like the cream dripping down the top.
- Fold a small strip of green felt in half and then cut out a small holy leaf shape. Then as the felt is unfolded there will be 2 identical leaves.
- To finish of the Christmas pudding decoration glue the cream felt to the wood slice. Then glue the holy and berries to the cream felt. Now all there is left to do is to decide where you are going to hang your wood slice ornament.
Stitch or glue 2 red beads to the holy leaves so they look like red berries.
These wood slice ornaments are so quick and easy to make, you could make several at once and actually use some of them as Christmas present tags.
For more wood slice festive decorations you should check out allfreeholidaycrafts.