One of my favourite shops Anthropologie, sells loads of monogrammed items from hooks, to mugs and candles. They are really popular as a monogram takes a gift to the next level and makes it personal. Inspired by the shop I have made my own gold monogrammed personalized gift tags this year.
These personalized gift tags are not just any old gift tag. As they are made of wood and bauble shapes they would also make a great decoration to hang from the tree.
I have a tradition of making my friend Wendy a personalized gift tag for her December birthday. She then hangs these tags from her Christmas tree. I have kept up the tradition with my latest personalized gift tags.
These tags are a bit more glitzy than my normal personalized gift tags as I have used gold leaf. They are very easy to make and everyone in my family will be getting one this Christmas with their gifts.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What You Need To Make Monogrammed Baubles
- Wooden bauble shapes
- Gold leaf and gilding paste
- Floral gift wrap – I love the selection in the Gift and Creative Papers book series.
- Letter stencil ruler
- Mod Podge
- Compass circle paper cutter
- Papercutting knife and cutting mat.
- Velvet ribbon
How To Make Monogram Personalized Gift Tags1. First, you need to measure the diameter of the wooden bauble. Then set the compass paper cutter to this diameter.
2. Next, using the compass cutter cut a circle of gift wrap to cover the face of the paper bauble.
3. Next, decide on what letter you want for the personalized gift tags. Using a stencil draw out the letter on the back of the wrapping paper disc. Then using a craft knife cut out the letter.
Note, that as you will be drawing the letter on the back of the disc you will need to draw the mirror image of that letter.
4. Next, apply gold leaf the wooden bauble. If the wood is unfinished on the bauble, first cover the bauble face and edge with Mod Podge and leave it to dry. This will seal the wood.
Then apply the gilding paste around the edge of the bauble shape and on the face where the monogram letter will be. Leave the paste to dry for 15 minutes then apply the gold leaf using a clean dry brush.
5. Then, once the gilding paste has fully dried, using a brush, brush away any excess gold leaf. The gold leaf that hasn’t stuck to the wooden bauble should just brush away on the personalized gift tag.
Then using Mod Podge stick the monogrammed gift paper disc to the front of the wooden bauble shape.
I cut out several different letters to make monogrammed personalized bauble tags for all the members of my family.
6. Finally, finish off the personalized gift tag baubles by adding some coloured velvet ribbon. I chose a colour that matched the floral wrapping paper on the front of the gift tag.
As well as using these monogrammed baubles as personalized gift tags they can be hung as a decoration. You could even cut letters out to spell your favourite Christmas word and hang them in a garland across the mantle.
If you liked these baubles/gift tags then you should check out my other handmade gift tag crafts.
Or check out some of my other Christmas decorations that use a bit of gold leaf to give a bit of sparkle.
For more holiday gift tag ideas visit allfreeholidaycrafts.com