21 Unique and Clever Old Wooden Crates Hacks
I love old wooden crates, whether it’s an old apple crate or a wine crate. They are a cheap and easy way to create some unique rustic looking storage for your home.
Lucky for me I have a ready supply of old wooden crates from my Aunt who passes on all her old wine crates to me. If you don’t happen to have a wine-loving Aunt you can buy wooden crates easily on eBay or Ikea and then stain them for that vintage look.
Here I’ve rounded up the most clever uses for an old wooden crate in your home.
Old Wooden Crates Repurposed
1. DIY nightstand from an old wine box – Pillarboxblue
Here I used one of the wine crates/boxes from my Aunt and turned it into a handy nightstand for my son.
2.DIY Crate Book Case – One Artsy Mamma
How about screwing several old wooden crates together to make a large bookcase.
3. Hanging Closet Storage Crates – Table and Hearth
I love this idea of making unique hanging storage in the wardrobe with old wooden crates and rope.
4. Soda Crate Washi Tape Storage – Happiness is Homemade
Heidi has cleverly used an old soda crate to stylishly store her washi tape.
5. Wooden Crate Shoe Rack – Live from Julies House
This would look great in any hallway and I love the handy hooks on the side for keys.
6. Denim DIY Ottoman – Pillarboxblue
This is actually an Ikea hack. It is such a handy piece of furniture, extra seating and storage in one!
7. End Table With Lamp – Uncookie Cutter
I love the both the hinged lid and the industrial style lamp.
8. Hanging Crate Wall Shelf – Old House to New home
This crate shelf looks very cute.
9. Ammunition crate sidetable – Virgina Sweet Pea
I think hairpin legs can make anything look great and that is certainly the case with this crate side table.
10. Rolling Cart from Crates – The Shabby Creek Cottage
This rolling cart from Gina, is so simple but yet so handy.
11. Crate Book Shelf with Rope – Grillo Designs
Medina is so clever with here rustic industrial DIY’s. I really like this one and think it will look great in my kitchen.
12. DIY Crate Storage Lockers – Little House of Four
The random numbers on the front of these crate lockers are fun.
13. Soda Crate Spicerack – knick of Time
Now this coke crate spice rack would look good in my kitchen.
14. Crate Pet Bed – The Inspired Hive
This could be used for a cat or a dog. You can simply personalise it by writting your pets name on the front with a Sharpie.
15. Rustic Crate Table – My Pinterventures
I love the combination of mid century modern legs and an old wooden crate.
16. Crate lights – Fractale Studio Arquitectura
What a fabulous idea if you have the space!
17. Crate wine rack – My Anything and Everything
This could be handy especially with more than one, stacked ontop of one another.
18. Crate Desk – Desire To Inspire
It is so simple to make a desk with built in storage with a few old wooden crates.
19. Industrial Style Crate Table – Brepurposed
The added pipes to this crate table give it a real industrial feel.
20. Vintage Wine Crate Coffee Table – My Anything And Everythingc
There is one of these in my local cafe and it looks great as well as being handy for storage.
21. Bathroom Wall Storage – Morning by Morning Productions
Just add some stylish shelf brackets to old wooden crates for extra towel storage in the bathroom.