How to upcycle old jeans into denim pillows
My old jeans stash doesn’t seem to be getting any smaller. Now that I have a bit of a reputation of a denim upcycler, friends and family are always passing me their cast-offs.
Not that I’m complaining, please carry on giving me your old denim, I will find someway to upcycle them. One of the simplest things to upcycle old jeans into is denim pillows.
I’ve made a few denim pillows myself over the years but I’d thought I’d check out some of my fellow bloggers to see what sort of jeans pillows they have made. Here are what I consider the best upcycled denim pillow designs that I have come across.
If you search for denim pillows on Pinterest you will find lots for sale in Etsy or designer stores from a few dollars up to a few hundred dollars. Here though I have just included pillows from blogs with a tutorial.
Denim Pillows Tutorials
- Hexagon patchwork jeans pillow – Lilluna
I love the hexagon appliqued patchwork effect witht this pillow. The denim hexagons look like tiles with white grout in between.
- No Sew Denim Pillow – Refreshrestyle
This has to be one of the quickest and easiest denim pillow upcycles, no sewing involved.
- Iphone Denim Pocket Pillow – Pillarboxblue
I made this for my son, and guess what he still loves it and uses it. The pocket for the phone is so handy when listening to music in bed.
- Denim Herringbone Pillow – Ashleemarie
This one is definately not no sew, it’s a bit more challenging but for a great look.
- American Star Fringe Pillow – The Sewingloftblog
This has to be one for the Fourth of July, I love the denim star.
- Ampersand Denim Pillow – Ashbeedesign
Another applique desgin this time with a giant ampersand. Great step by step tutorial too!
- Upcycled Shirt and Jeans Circle Pillow – Greenissuesingapore
This is very green, denim scraps sewn onto a pillow made from an upcycled shirt.
- Beach Pillow from Old Jeans – Remodalandolacasa
I love the fun stenciling and the ombre effect on this recycled jeans pillow.
- Another great tutorial from Ashbeedesign this time for a gorgeous ombre effect chevron jeans pillow.
- Colourful Pom Pom trim jeans pillows – Hestershandmadehome
I love these jeans pillows the pom pom trim just makes them adorable. The cute dog helps too! There is even a video tutorial.
- Denim Waistband Pillow – Newlifenewpurpose
It’s great fun to upcycle all the parts of a jean. This is a great project for the waistbands.
- Simple Jeans Pillow – Feltmagnet
A simple upcycled denim pillow and a simple tutorial.
If you don’t have enough denim for a whole pillow then you could combine it with some other fabrics to make some gorgeous pillows like these ones from Luz Patterns.
If you liked this then you may also like to check out my other denim round-ups.
Brilliant Upcycled Denim Storage Ideas
Denim Christmas Decorations