Upcycled and Repurposed DIY Christmas Advent Calendar Ideas
For me, the build-up to Christmas day is actually more exciting than the big day itself. One of my favourite ways to add to all that festive excitement is with a Christmas Advent Calendar.
Every year I love to make our own upcycled Christmas advent calendar and fill them with sweet treats and cheesy jokes.
Here I’ve rounded up what I consider to be some of the best handmade Christmas Advent Calendar ideas on the internet. I’ve noticed two main variations with advent calendars the number of days 24 or 25 and whether they are in order or random.
Personally, I love a randomly ordered advent calendar. As hunting for the right day only adds to the fun. What about you?
This post contains Amazon affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to see my disclosure policy.
The DIY Christmas Advent Calendar Ideas
1 to 5
1. Upcycled Advent Calendar Using Tin Cans – Pillarboxblue
This upcycled DIY Christmas advent calendar cost almost nothing to make. Just make sure you save all your soup and beans tin cans.
2.Instagram Advent Calendar – Thinking Closet
What a fun idea, a different instagram photo for each day. Great fun insta fans.
3. Denim Pocket Handmade Advent Calendar – Pillarboxblue
The best thing about this advent calendar besides big pockets for big treats is the fact that it is no-sew!
4. Woodland Advent Calendar – Live Laugh Rowe
This is just a simple over the door shoe rack. But what makes it special are those adorable printable number tags.
5.Rustic DIY Advent Calendar – Hawthorne and Main
This is one for those with a more rustic decor. Or have a bit of Scotish in them, like me (stags and tartan).
6. Mason Jar Advent Calendar – The Country Chic Cottage
I love mason jars they are so cute!
7. Homemade Paper Envelope Advent Calendar – Pillarboxblue
Another one of mine. You can make these envelopes out of scrap Christmas gift wrap.
8. Pottery Barn Knock Off Advent Calendar – Make and Do Crew
I love the look of the mini rusty buckets against the black chalkboard. Plus plenty of room for a daily treet.
9.DIY Clothespin Advent Calendar – Blesserhouse
A very simple but beautiful farmhouse style Christmas advent calendar.
10. Sock Advent Calendar – Design Dazzle
This looks so bright and cheerful on the mantle and comes with loads of activity ideas to put into the calendar.
11. Punch Game Advent Calendar – School of Decorating
This is a fun one especially with kids.
12. Toilet Roll Christmas Advent Calendar – North Story
It’s hard to believe that such a stylish advent calendar can be made from upcycled toilet rolls.
13. Paper cup advent calendar – Pretty Little Party Shop
Love this idea, especially as you can get paper cups in so many lovely Christmassy designs.
14. Easy No Sew Burlap Advent Calendar – Finding Home Farms
We have already had a no sew denim advent calendar so why not a no sew burlap one.
15. DIY Christmas Bulb Advent Calendar – The House That Lars Built
This is a printable with full instructions to make this colourful advent calendar which is a decoration in itself.
16. Fun Homemade Advent Calendar From Kraft Paper- Pillarboxblue
These cute gingerbread men are made from sewing kraft paper. Each little man contains a treat.